Re: GSOC 2017 Idea Improve logm, sqrtm, funm

From: Marco Caliari
Subject: Re: GSOC 2017 Idea Improve logm, sqrtm, funm
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 08:30:51 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017, PhilipNienhuis wrote:

Valliappan C A wrote
Hello everyone,

As I introduced my self earlier, I'm a final year student majoring
Electronincs & Instrumentation from BITS Pilani, India. I have strong
coding skills and proficient in Matlab and C++.
I am looking forward to take part in GSOC 2017, and I'm interested to work
on idea- *improve logm, sqrtm, funm*
I have been looking into the code base and found that it is well
structured
that help me a lot in becoming comfortable with the code base.
I will start contributing to GNU-Octave soon, but it will be excellent if
anyone can point out some issue just for start. Some pointers will be
really helpful to start working on this module.
Lastly I apologize if I have been rude in any manner.

A little while ago one of our Italian contributors/developers provided a
link to code that apparently has been worked on silently and looked already
in a very usable state.  A.o., AFAIR there was already a fairly complete
funm implementation.

I can't find the message now, but just search this maintainers ML as I think
it was mentioned here.

Philip

I worked on that together with Mudit Sharma

https://github.com/RickOne16/matrix

Marco