Re: Building pytave on windows

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Building pytave on windows
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 22:36:59 -0700

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 10:33:36 +0530, Abhinav Tripathi wrote:
> No. I tried runtests in pytave directory which passes.

That doesn't find all of the unit tests. You could call runtests on the
@py and @pyobject directories, that should catch all of them. There
should be 296 tests in all.

> If I do make check then octave crashes.

Is this running make from a shell from within Octave, or from an msys
shell outside of Octave? I don't know why this would crash. Does calling
`octave-cli --eval "runtests ."` also crash?

> Also, I found that in octave-cli pytave is properly
> loaded and i can call py* functions without any problems.
> But, if I run octave in gui mode then after doing addpath,  if I call ANY
> py* function, octave crashes!! There must be something that cli is doing
> better than gui!?

Fewer libraries loaded at the same time, single thread of execution,
these are both better when testing something new.

> Does octave do any core dump in any file while crashing that I can check?

I don't remember if the Octave installer comes with gdb, but if it does
you can run octave-cli with gdb and get a stack trace when a segfault or
other fatal signal happens.

--
mike