om-synth

Re: [Om-synth] It's alive!

From: Dave Robillard
Subject: Re: [Om-synth] It's alive!
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:43:11 -0400 (EDT)

Atte André Jensen wrote:
>Dave Robillard wrote:
>Thanks for the explanations, it makes sense.
>
>> Atte André Jensen wrote:
>
>>> Would you like the bug reports start comming?
>
>> Yes, absolutely!  The engine in CVS right now is waay more stable then
>> the released version, but I would still definitely like bug reports.
>> Making Om bulletproof is a very high priority right now.  You can
>> report things either here on the list or the savannah bugs page.
>> Having it on the bugs page will probably better assure that I'll get
>> around to it eventually ;)
>
>Ok, I'll grap the cvs, and start reporting the bugs I come across...

Mmm.. you might not want to, as saving/loading of subpatches is broken
at the moment.  I tried to fix a problem really quick before I left,
and messed all the paths up. :(

I'll get that fixed as soon as I get home (< 1 week likely)

>> I'm happy to have some people with a completely end-user perspective,
>> to help me sort out these usability issues.  I've just recently gotten
>> Om to the point where it's relatively solid on the technological
level,
>> so now it's time to make it as easy to use as possible, and /stable/.
>
>Great. As soon as cvs is up and running here, I'll share my suggestions.
>
>> And, well... yes... the whole documentation thing.... a little
>> assistance in that area would be quite nice, I have to say. :)
>
>Right now I'm basically trying out om. But if/when I actually start
>using om on a regular basis as an integral part of my setup, I'd like
>help with the docs.

No worried - just throwing that out there for the list in general. :)

Banging out code kinda has precedence over writing user documentation
right now is all, so I'm not sure when I'll get around to providing
things like that.  The code itself is quite heavily documented w/
Doxygen, but /user/ docs I just havn't gotten around to.

I would really like a wiki page actually, maybe everyone can build
documentation as things go along, community-style?  I could probably
make a pawfal page for it, but that would only be one page, which is
less than idea.

Anyone know where I could score a wiki for Om?  Maybe I should ask
LAD...

-DR-