Re: [Openexr-devel] openExr & Shake

From: Paul Schneider
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] openExr & Shake
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:56:47 -0800

You know, speaking of compiler ABI incompatibility, it occurs to me that we provide a C API to the Rgba input / output classes for just this reason. Couldn't a Shake developer compile exrlib with gcc 3, and then compile a Shake plug-in with gcc 2.95 that links to exrlib and just calls the C front end? It might be more complicated than this, but it should be possible. Check out IlmImf/ImfCRgbaFile.h.

- Paul