Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.0.5 released

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.0.5 released
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:20:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi Andreas,

I don't have much experience building Windows projects, as you can
probably tell.  What do I need to do to the project file to link
libmmd statically?  And zlib?  zlib makes a .lib file but I couldn't get
exrdisplay and exrheader to work without having the zlib.dll in my path.
Dunno why.

As for the runtime dlls (msvcp60.dll, msvcrt.dll are runtime dlls,
right?), the reason I made those dynamic is so that you can link OpenEXR
libs against other libs that are complied against the runtime dlls.  For
example, I had linking problems with fltk (which is built against the
runtime DLLs by default) until I switched.

Unless people tell me that most people use static runtime libs and that
fltk is the exception, I think I'll keep the prebuilt libs dependent on
the runtime DLLs.  People who want to use the statics can change the
project options.

And no, it wasn't my intention to exclude the VS6.0 project files from the
source tarball.  That's a mistake in the dist.  I'll update it today and
let everyone know when it's fixed.  Linux and MacOS X users are unaffected
by this and can use the source tarball as-is.

thanks for the feedback
-dwh-