Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.0.5 released

From: Alec Bartsch
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.0.5 released
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:59:28 -0800

On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 11:34 AM, Paul Schneider wrote:

It's a pain to launch a bundled app from the Terminal, though - you have to navigate inside the package, or use the nonstandard "open" command. This is an area of OS X that needs improvement, in my opinion.

True enough, though an alias or a symlink takes care of it, or for that matter just adding the app's Contents/MacOSX directory to PATH. (That's what I do with Shake, for example, which is the only thing I can think of that I routinely need to use both ways-- command-line and gui).

While we're on the subject of OS X, do you have a bug report number for the istream bug? I'd like to ask about it with a contact I have at Apple.

   Alec Bartsch
   Lead Texture/Lighting TD
   "The World of Tomorrow"