[Openexr-devel] Re: Problems building MacOS CodeWarrior version

From: Darrin Cardani
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Re: Problems building MacOS CodeWarrior version
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 17:39:52 -0600

Jo Meder <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>
 which does not appear to contain the zlib source. A search on Google lists:

 http://www.gzip.org/zlib/

 as the first site in a search for zlib, for what it's worth.

That's where I got it too, although the Mac version is 1.1.3 as opposed
to the security bug fixed 1.1.4. I seem to remember making a project
etc. and building zlib was pretty straightforward.

Yeah, I built it today. Worked pretty easily. The CodeWarrior docs should probably be updated to point to the new site.

 >(Is it a Mach-O library? I link against Mach-O stuff in CFM
 > all the time.)

It is Mach-O. You can't link directly against a Mach-O framework/lib
from CFM, you have to do all that bundle finding, function pointer

Right, I shouldn't have said linking. Sorry about that. I wonder if it would be easier to just write a small shim which does the bundle loading, and include that. It's really not hard, and it would make one less step that new developers have to go through. If others are interested in that, let me know and I'll put one together.

 > Also, would others be interested in having a MacOS CodeWarrior
 > project which builds the Win32 version?

I would be interested in that, in fact I was just about to have a crack
myself.

Well feel free to give it a shot. It's not something I'm going to get to in the next week. If you don't get to it, I'll look at it in a week or two.

Thanks,
Darrin
--
Darrin Cardani - address@hidden