[Openexr-devel] Re: Problems building MacOS CodeWarrior version

From: Jo Meder
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Re: Problems building MacOS CodeWarrior version
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:21:41 +1200

Hi Darrin,

address@hidden wrote:

<snip>
> which does not appear to contain the zlib source. A search on Google lists:
>
> http://www.gzip.org/zlib/
>
> as the first site in a search for zlib, for what it's worth.

That's where I got it too, although the Mac version is 1.1.3 as opposed
to the security bug fixed 1.1.4. I seem to remember making a project
etc. and building zlib was pretty straightforward.

> It mentions in the docs that the Mach-O version can link against the
> zlib which comes with OS X. Why can't the CFM version link against
> it, too? (Is it a Mach-O library? I link against Mach-O stuff in CFM
> all the time.)

It is Mach-O. You can't link directly against a Mach-O framework/lib
from CFM, you have to do all that bundle finding, function pointer
less automatically, but you can't just drop a Mach-O lib framework/lib
into a CFM project as far as I'm aware.

> So that's as far as I've gotten at this point. I've downloaded zlib
> 1.1.3, but haven't built it yet. I was just wondering if other people
> have run into these problems, or if I've set something up incorrectly?

I had some problems with access paths ( no big deal ), and once I'd got
zlib and compiled it ( which was painless ) everything just built
straight off.

Thanks a lot to those who sorted out the CW Mac projects. I tried
building the 1.0.4 distro without complete success.

> Also, would others be interested in having a MacOS CodeWarrior
> project which builds the Win32 version? If so, I might try putting
> one together once I figure out all the problems I'm having with the
> Mac version. It could theoretically even be combined into the MacOS
> project file, if you wanted.

I would be interested in that, in fact I was just about to have a crack
myself. I'm looking at adding OpenEXR support to the HDRI generation
plugin for my app, and that needs to run on both Mac OS 9/X and Windows.

Regards,

Jo Meder

--
Jo Meder