Re: [Openexr-devel] zlib and Carbon build

From: Darrin Cardani
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] zlib and Carbon build
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:59:05 -0600

At 10:31 AM -0800 3/24/03, Paul Schneider wrote:
That sounds great - thanks, Darrin! Of course, zlib is not installed on OS 9, so developers that want to target OS 9 will still have to build their own static library. That's OK though - I think that the default projects we ship should use the zlib installed with OS X, and we can provide instructions for developers interested in OS 9 support (complete with accurate URL - sorry about that!).

I've not done any work on open source projects before, so I'm not sure how to proceed. Should I just send my zlibshim project and other changes to you directly? Or should I learn to use CVS and check them in myself?

As for OS 9 support, do you see a lot of need for it at this point? I'm just curious as most of the applications I want to use OpenEXR with either don't currently support OS 9, or won't be supporting it in any future releases. I wouldn't think there would be a lot of need for it, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks,
Darrin
--
Darrin Cardani - address@hidden