[Openexr-devel] zlib and Carbon build

From: Darrin Cardani
Subject: [Openexr-devel] zlib and Carbon build
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:40:31 -0600

I was able to make a shim library that uses the already installed zlib library in the Carbon version. If others want it, let me know and I'll tidy it up. The convenience of the shim library is that it would no longer require developers to download and build the zlib source, which has proven to be error prone.

In messing with the zlib library, I noticed that the 3 Carbon targets in ExrLib.mcp project all include it, but only IlmImfTest actually uses it. It probably gets stripped out during linking, but it would be cleaner not to include it in targets that don't use it. I didn't check the Mach-O targets, but I'm guessing that IexTest and ImathTest probably don't use it in the Mach-O versions, too.

Darrin
--
Darrin Cardani - address@hidden
President, Buena Software, Inc.