Re: [Openexr-devel] DWA compression

From: Sean Y Chen
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] DWA compression
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 02:35:52 -0400

I have 0 technical expertise on this algorithm, but perhaps an idea for the slider would be to use it for setting target file size. I don't know if the algorithm allows for this or if that is even practical. In Brendan Bolles's demo video, it seems that 100000 is the limit for a couple of the images, though one of them goes to 250000 before reaching file size 1. Anyways, just ramblings from a musician/amateur coder.

Cheers,
Sean