RE: Re[6]: [Openvds-devel] w,who, quotas on non-ac patched kernels and l

From: Dave Cost
Subject: RE: Re[6]: [Openvds-devel] w,who, quotas on non-ac patched kernels and linux-2.5
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:40:31 -0800

> The main problem is i have no RH 6.x systems installed anywhere. :(
> I have no problems installing any programs and utilities as i do
> this job not
> one year along, but FreeVSD. As i see, the main problem in FreeVSD's
> glibc-2.2. I think it would be better to setup patched glibc-2.4.
> I saw such
> packet, but found out both patches from this package wouldn't
> patch anything
> because the paths signed in.

I'm currently used an uptodate redhat7.0 for freevsd hosting. It's almost
the same as rh6 but with glibc 2.2

I was told provsd is redhat 7.2 compatible, which means we're just not
getting the patches to glibc (arghh!!!!). Maybe someone that bought it could
ask idaya for the source.

However, when the capabilities stuff is implemented, we may not need to
patch anything at all, but that is some months down the road.

Dave.