pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] underlines etc in pan

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] underlines etc in pan
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:27:58 -0600

> > d. what about copying text? what happens when you copy the 'modified'
> > text? it's no longer what the poster originally wrote. there's no way
> > to convert the text back from its 'modified' form, to its original form
> > when it's copied.
>
>       Sure there is.  You still have the original message text.  The original
> text should be copied to the clipboard if the user selects
> bold/underlined/whatever text.

but is there a way for the widget that displays the text to recognize that
someone is selecting the text, and insert the original text on the fly?

to the programmers: is this easily doable?

is it a pan issue or a widget (GTK) issue? I'd think it'd be a widget issue.

what do you do when changing the formatting changes the line-wrapping?
considering how long it takes some programs to update their displays,
especially when line-wrapping changes, will this turn into a nuisance at
times?

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator