pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] underlines etc in pan

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] underlines etc in pan
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:30:39 -0700

On Sunday 10 November 2002 19:05, Wolf J.Flywheel wrote:
> [] I realize it's only cosmetic, but lots
> of people use this pseudo-markup and so I would like to see Pan handle it.

You know... I prefer the original text smilies over graphical ones, and I
believe I prefer the original text /italics/, *BOLDFACE*, and _underlining_,
as well.  (I've never worked with a client that did it, so I'm not sure.)  It
just seems more /authentic/, and I never have to worry about the formatter
screwing up the rendering, or slow displays, or line wrap changes, or any
other related crap, either.

Thus, while I have no real objection to others being able to turn on, it MUST
be an option, not just there with no way to turn it off.

If PAN were my project, I'd state that it wasn't a high priority for me, but
if someone else wanted to supply the code, including for the option, and it
worked well, and wasn't to bloated, what with dealing with all the corner
cases, etc., I'd add it.  Of course, it isn't my project, so...

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin