pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] underlines etc in pan

From: J.B. Moreno
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] underlines etc in pan
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 00:10:50 -0500

Sebastian Fischer at <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom:

>> d. what about copying text? what happens when you copy the 'modified' text?
>> it's no longer what the poster originally wrote. there's no way to convert
>> the text back from its 'modified' form, to its original form when it's
>> copied.
>
> Hmm this is correct I simply don't know what other newsreader are doing with
> this issue. I think they ignore this problem.

Thoth uses a smaller font -- 1 pt size and the color set to the background
color...when you copy or quote for followup's, they are included.

(It also has various conditions on the text, like only one "word" and style
at a time, i.e. _underline this_ doesn't get underlined, but _underline_
_this_ does).

BTW -- as far as processor usage goes, I'm using Thoth on an 80mhz (yes,
that's eighty, not eight-hundred) PPC, and turning it on or off doesn't seem
to change the speed of anything.

--
J.B. Moreno