pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan 13.90 feature hide-n-seek

From: Johan Ovlinger
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan 13.90 feature hide-n-seek
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:23:33 -0500

Hi!

A recent upgrade from RH 7.3 to the 8.1 beta (due to hardware upgrade)
has left my old and trusty 11.4 about as stable as a delusional
psychotic in a magic-mirror room.

So I'm forced to run 0.13.90.  In addition to the already mentioned

1)  save-attachment-named-as-article-subject. An improvement over
    0.11.4 would be to allow the filename to be constructed using
    %s,%a,%d stringsubs. But just plain save as subject would be
    %great.

I'm also missing

2) Reserve a connection for interactive tasks. I'm really suprised
   that this fell by the watside, and thus strongly suspect that I'm
   just not finding it.
3) File->Open Attachment (keyboard shortcut O in 0.11.4).  An
   improvement over 0.11.4 would be to have this count as an
   interactive task.

If those aren't missing, then I'm a happy camper.  Otherwise, I sure
hope they come back soon.  Note that 1 and 3 can be combined into one
feature: to be able to invoke external program on the saved
attachments of an article. A stringsub will allow me to construct the
proper command line.  It would of course be nice to have two different
programs invoked (one is the save helper, the other is open helper).

Thanks

Johan