pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 13.90 feature hide-n-seek

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 13.90 feature hide-n-seek
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 05:15:21 -0800

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 09:23:33PM -0500, Johan Ovlinger wrote:

> 1)  save-attachment-named-as-article-subject. An improvement over
>     0.11.4 would be to allow the filename to be constructed using
>     %s,%a,%d stringsubs. But just plain save as subject would be
>     %great.

This has been discussed before, I said it the substitution fields
were a great idea, and then I forgot about it and nobody filed a
bug report.

File a bug report and I'll get this in before 0.14.0.

> 2) Reserve a connection for interactive tasks. I'm really suprised
>    that this fell by the watside, and thus strongly suspect that I'm
>    just not finding it.

With the task manager rewrite, sockets are siphoned off of binaries
tasks to be used on text tasks, so I didn't think this feature was
necessary anymore.

However, having used Pan on a sloooow connection last week where it
took awhile for the tasks to finish the binary part they were on
before being siphoned away for the text tasks, I think I may have
been too hasty.  Anyone else want this back?

> 3) File->Open Attachment (keyboard shortcut O in 0.11.4).  An
>    improvement over 0.11.4 would be to have this count as an
>    interactive task.

This has gone away because Pan is just a gtk app now, not a Gnome
one, so it the mime-app registry fell out.
This will come back too, but it isn't a high priority for me.
As always, patches are welcomed...

--
cheers,
Charles