pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Filtering "manually" on PATH header

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Filtering "manually" on PATH header
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 06:12:36 -0700

Hamilcar Barca posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:32:03 -0600:

>> BTW, there's some good news on that front.  Someone with the coding
>> skills I don't have said the lack of full filtering in PAN irritated him
>> as well, and he'd look at coming up with a patch to add that
>> functionality.
>
> Is there some way to track the progress or know when it's done?  I'd
> consider attempting it myself but not if someone else is working on it.

Well, keep up with the lists (as I do), and possibly with PAN CVS and
bugzilla, is all I could say..

As I said, I don't (at least yet) have coding skills, but I know enough
about the general ideas that it's fun following the discussion (and
occasionally adding to it, where my regular following of the list helps)
in the devel group/list.  Right now, there are two to four folks working
on the database implementation, which has been a long time in coming, so
it's exciting to see the work on it even tho Charles is still apparently
to busy in meat-space and hasn't contributed a lot.  At some point, he'll
need to, but watching the various schemes being discussed and hashed out,
is definitely fun!  If you have coding skills, and are interested, I'd
definitely recommend joining.  For months, it was basically dead, but the
group/list has some traffic, now, altho it's less than this group so
definitely manageable.

I'd suggest posting a question there about filtering, if you are serious
about helping out on that.  The other person that mentioned it did so much
as you did here when I mentioned patch submissions would likely speed the
process.  How serious he was I don't know, or if he's done anything.
However, definitely post an inquiry to the devel group and see what
happens, if you are indeed ready to go to work.

Benjamin Franklin