pan-users

[Pan-users] feature request :-)

From: Dennis
Subject: [Pan-users] feature request :-)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:33:19 +0100

Any chance of a new feature, well it's sort of new because I believe it's
available as a patch to the old version of pan that stopped being
developed back in 2003.

The feature ? Making an SSL connection to the newserver. It'd be great for
bypassing traffic shaping that some ISPs to do to limit certain types of
traffic. Using a different port doesn't solve the problem due to the way
it's done. I don't want to abuse my ISPs connection, I just want to do my
occasional use at a reasonable speed :(

ps. The new version of pan with it's lower memory use and being more
responsive is FANTASTIC!!! I've been bitching about it ever since I
started using linux as my sole desktop 3 years ago.

As soon as it's out of beta, or perhaps before, I'm definitely making a
donation to show my gratitude :-)