pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pn 0.97 won't start

From: Lenny_Nero
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pn 0.97 won't start
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:47:15 +0100

Duncan said

> Lenny_Nero <address@hidden>
> posted
> address@hidden,
> excerpted below, on  Fri, 19 May 2006 23:21:00 +0100:
>
>> I think some people who use this (as I do) via gMane forget its a mail
>> list and not usenet.
>
> Aye, but the same things that apply to HTML news apply to HTML mail,
> even more so -- web bugs in HTML mail can link mail to IP address for
> tracing, spammers love the confirmation they get that the mail was
> viewed, and they can (if they want) then track the IP linked to the
> email address.  The malware issues are identical, mail or news.  HTML is
> fine on the web, but keep it out of my mail, and keep it out of my news!

I will say it again this is not a newsgroup, you (and I) might be reading
it via a list to news engine, but its not usenet.

I understand what you say about HTML, but there are many who read this
only as a mail list. There are lots of other lists I read thru gMane where
a very large percentage of the contributors no nothing about gMane.

The Yahoo lists I read here (gMane) cant turn off the HTML with the Yahoo
list posting tool and that goes for the owners of the lists as well.

L.

--
Want to help to keep the best free usenet servers running ?
http://www.readfreenews.com