pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pn 0.97 won't start

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pn 0.97 won't start
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 22:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Lenny_Nero <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Fri, 19 May 2006 23:21:00 +0100:

> I think some people who use this (as I do) via gMane forget its a mail
> list and not usenet.

Aye, but the same things that apply to HTML news apply to HTML mail, even
more so -- web bugs in HTML mail can link mail to IP address for tracing,
spammers love the confirmation they get that the mail was viewed, and they
can (if they want) then track the IP linked to the email address.  The
malware issues are identical, mail or news.  HTML is fine on the web, but
keep it out of my mail, and keep it out of my news!