pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: clicking on any header-pane bar, only re-sorts header li

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: clicking on any header-pane bar, only re-sorts header lines by Date only
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 07:31:28 +0000 (UTC)

SciFi <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 13 Aug 2007
23:17:28 +0000:

> [I]t really seems overly complex to get working just so you-all can
> see the missorted columns I'm seeing. ;)

Totally understood.  I'm not even sure KDE's appropriate for OSX anyway
and the other one is a /very/ rough proof of concept only, so from the
beginning I doubted it'd be worth it for you.  I mainly posted since the
comment came up, in case anyone else wanted it, and in case you had other
minor uses for it too, in which case it might be worth it.

As for the scripts themselves, I mainly did it based on an idea someone
else had for using the external editor to gpg sign their messages, as I
had previously stated several times that it should be possible... and I
eventually got the wild hair to jump in and prove the concept myself.
That's where it sat for about a year, until I got another wild hair, and
decided to upgrade it to the dialog version, just to demonstrate /that/
was possible.  Now it has sat about another year, and I'll probably get
another wild hair one of these days, and get the improvements I've been
sitting on out.  (One of the things I had sort of been waiting on was to
see what GPLv3 was going to look like, to see if I wanted to upgrade to
it or not.  The scripts are GPLv2 ATM, but that's not really appropriate
for scripts of that size, and I'm strongly considering switching to
Creative Commons AT/SA, Attribution, Share-alike, as somewhat more
appropriate.)

But back to the topic at hand, as this is wandering rather far from it.
I don't happen to know enough about OSX to contribute much to it, but I'm
certainly following the discussion with interest, as it's one of those
strange ones where the ultimate cause and solution are likely to be
rather interesting... with possible applications to other problems I
might see either personally or on other groups/lists I follow. =8^)  Of
course, that's in addition to the concern if it should spread beyond the
single pan instance we know of ATM, and human sympathy with the problem
as you are experiencing it based on knowing how frustrated I'd be if it
were me. =8^(