pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: clicking on any header-pane bar, only re-sorts header li

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: clicking on any header-pane bar, only re-sorts header lines by Date only
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:27:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:34:25 +0000, SciFi wrote:
> And it's not relegated to the Subject field: Click on "Author" tab once
> -- Author is not sorted but it is hilited all underneath.  Do nothing
> else, but now look at Date column -- by golly it _is_ sorted but
> other-way from before (increasing or decreasing date value).

So, IIUC, you click on any column header and pan does what it would do if
you clicked on the Date header instead, is this right?  (Except that the
colored/tinted background does switch to the column you actually clicked.)

That certainly sounds exactly like a gtk problem.  I could actually use
my test machine for something useful for a change and try out the svn
version of gtk as you are doing.

Are you using the unstable gtk/glib for your entire OS, or just for pan?
I.e., are you certain that pan is using your test libraries and not the
native Mac libs?  If the linker/loader got confused between gtk versions
it might explain the whole problem.