pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Scoring based on arbitrary headers?

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Scoring based on arbitrary headers?
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 21:08:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 11:30:24 +0000, Duncan wrote:

>> The lines I added to ~/News/Score were:
>>
>> %BOS %Score created by JSH [*opensuse.org*]
>> Score:: =9999 X-Forwarded-For: ^[address redacted]$
>> %EOS
>>
>> Where [address redacted] is a valid IP address.  I followed the format
>> used for the From: score that appears above it in the file.
>
> With my own testing (as mentioned in a post yesterday) demonstrating
> that arbitrary-header scoring does work, and that pan appears to score
> on download without a manual rescore, provided it has already loaded
> that score, we're left with the following possibilities:
>
> Either:
>
> 1) Your regex somehow failed to match,

Which I don't believe is the case.

> OR
>
> 2) Pan hadn't yet reloaded the scorefile after you edited it, so it
> didn't know about your new score when it downloaded your test messages.

I did the edit while Pan wasn't running, so that won't be it. :)

> OR
>
> 3) An absolute =nnnn (as opposed to additive nnnn, no =) score that
> happened to match that message, appeared before your test score in the
> scorefile.  Because absolute scores are intended to be absolute, no
> further scoring is done after the first absolute match is found -- that
> first match is applied and that's it -- so unlike additive scores,
> absolute score order MATTERS.

Ahhh.  That must be the problem - I tend to use absolute scores a lot (as
a way of tagging individual users), and you are correct, there is an
absolute score in place for this particular user already.

I'll try removing that and rescore.  Hang on a sec. :)

That did it.  It was the previous absolute score that was causing the
issue.  In fact, as soon as I removed it from the scoring window, the new
score showed up.

Awesome help, thanks, Duncan. :)

Jim
--