Re: [paragui-users] C++ developer requests

From: Andrew Ford
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] C++ developer requests
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:48:27 -0700 (PDT)

Let's make a list.  I have a few.

- Regression test suite, unit tests, stress tests,
resource leak tests, performance tests, test tests :)
- Finish up the OpenGL backend (it's the #1 item in
the survey at paragui.org), and the #1 requested item
(at least on the SDL list)
- More themes
- Documentation
- Tutorials, FAQs
- Code reviews
- More widgets, if anything major is missing
... here's a big one:
- Visual RAD tool for paragui, or at least
visual layout tool
- Visual theme tool
- Theme switching
- Next version backend independence (we're getting our
own event model with libsig++, we could make it
completely independent of SDL)
- Next version design work
- Move to reference counting
- Bindings to more languages
- Check out the boost python lib to see if it's
better than swig for exporting paragui

Andrew