Re: [paragui-users] C++ developer requests

From: Atani
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] C++ developer requests
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:00:41 -0700

While I do agree with the idea of using Python (or even Perl) for its ability
to do dynamic class instantiations  I think it is more suitable for the GUI
tool to use itself, in its native language, to allow the developer a
RAD-style tool.  In the example code tar.gz file which i linked to I only
handled simple buttons... there appears to be a bug in the code when compiled
against the latest paragui, however, I have thought about scrapping the old
code and starting fresh again with a new look at how things are done and how
to do things now.  The old code has a lot of references to older class names
and requires a number of modifications to even make it compile.  It would be
best in an effort to rewrite it from the ground up and leverage a few of the
new widgets in place of the ones that i wrote up for that app (ie the
spinnerbox).

Mike