Re: [paragui-users] C++ developer requests

From: Alexander Pipelka
Subject: Re: [paragui-users] C++ developer requests
Date: 11 Jul 2002 17:12:23 +0200

Am Don, 2002-07-11 um 16.48 schrieb Andrew Ford:
> Let's make a list.  I have a few.
>

> - Regression test suite, unit tests, stress tests,
> resource leak tests, performance tests, test tests :)
Maybe hard for a newbie, but ok.

> - Finish up the OpenGL backend (it's the #1 item in
> the survey at paragui.org), and the #1 requested item
> (at least on the SDL list)
Impossible for a newbie.

> - More themes
Noone till now answered the gfx wizard request :)

> - Documentation
Same.

> - Tutorials, FAQs
Hmm,.. I know these development guys. No chance.

> - Code reviews
Ugh.

> - More widgets, if anything major is missing
Yep. That's what I'm asking for lately.

> ... here's a big one:
> - Visual RAD tool for paragui, or at least
> visual layout tool
Can't remember the name of the guy who started this. A...i ?
Ok. The next one asking will get this task ;)

> - Visual theme tool
Same.

> - Theme switching
Nice. Yes. Good.

> - Next version backend independence (we're getting our
> own event model with libsig++, we could make it
> completely independent of SDL)
Even I'm scared by this one.

> - Next version design work
I know who will do that (because that is fun).

> - Move to reference counting
That's a reserved keyword.

> - Bindings to more languages
Greek, Russian, Japanese,...

> - Check out the boost python lib to see if it's
> better than swig for exporting paragui
Never heard of that. Sounds interesting.

Thanks for the list.
Please don't mind my stupid freaky 5 mins. ~;-)

Alex