Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] ldap and group context

From: Dennis
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] ldap and group context
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:59:49 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Josh Miller wrote:

> Sorry, I found it when I looked this time.
> /usr/share/openldap/migration

Ahhhhhh, ok. I looked at these perl scripts - they migrate unix
groups and users to LDAP.

I added a group by hand because, well I was feeling lazy and didn't want
to mess with getting the perl script to work.

If you check out the nis.schema file that comes with openLDAP, it defines
the posixGroup objectClass. Basically it needs a cn and a gidNumber.

Then I reran the phpGroupWare setup and added the group context
(ou=groups,dc=blahblah,dc=blah). Then I did LDAP Account import/export and
'Modify an existing LDAP account store for use with phpGroupWare..."  and
I was good to go.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel and I don't think its a train this
time. Thanks for your help Josh.

--
---
Dennis Sacks