Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Savannah

From: Richard June
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Savannah
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:54:49 -0500

Well, one thing I did here @ work was this:
Setup aliases on eth0
install my distribution(in my case RH) to extra partitons on the drive.
Mount it.
then chroot to the directory and run init(chroot <dir> init)
it's not perfect, for example if you don't/can't specify an IP address to bind to things don't work, but you can otherwise pretty effectively segregate things. We use it for different development environments and I bind ssh to each IP, so ssh redhat-6.2 takes you to the rh 6.2 dev eviron, etc.

Bob Crandell wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to isolate users to groups such that the users in group A can't
see
anything having to with group B?  They shouldn't even see that there is a group
B.

I'm toying with the idea of setting up a co-located box that several companies
would share.  I don't think they would feel very comfortable, secure, if they
saw
someone else's stuff.

Thanks
--