Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Fresh install problems

From: M . vanDorp
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Fresh install problems
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 22:27:31 +0100 (CET)

On  5 Feb, Jason Wies wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 10:24:47AM -0800, Patrick J. Walsh (mr_e) wrote:
>> --On Tuesday, February 05, 2002 4:22 PM +0100,
>> --"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> > You have not created your header.inc.php yet!
>> > You can create it now.
>> >            Analysis
>> > No MySQL support found. Disabling
>> > No Postgres-DB support found. Disabling
>> > No <sensored> SQL Server support found. Disabling.
>> > No Oracle-DB support found. Disabling.
>>
>>      I forgot all about it since I switched to mysql, but I had the same
>> problem having phpgw detect that I had Postgres running.  Also... there
>> ought to be a way to override the options so you can select a given
>> database if that database is running on a different machine.
>
> I just now noticed this as well on my PHP3 install.  Never had a problem with
> PHP4,
and I'm guessing the original poster is using PHP3 as well since it was a fresh
Debian
installation.

No, I selected php4... Initially it was php4..03pl1, but the phpinfo
output didn't show any mysql or pgsql support, even though the
extension for pgsql was in the /etc/php4/apache/php.ini file

I've been busy updating the system, which resulted in php4.1.1
This one has mysql-support, but is compiled --without-pgsql

Now I've switched to MySQL (I'm not familiar with that, so I added
phpMyAdmin).

The setup page has allowed me to modify the header.inc.php. I've
written it out, and can now login for configuration or header config

The header config brings me back to the header file, with all my
settings pre-filled, except the 'Domain select box on login option',
this one will always be false, regardless of my previous saved choice.

Logging into configuration doesn't work yet, after about 15sec of the
hourglass, I get the login page back.

I'm digging into this one, now.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,