RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] TTS in head

From: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] TTS in head
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:02:30 +1100

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 16:38 +0100, Philipp Kamps wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> We (probusiness) actually don't have the plan to enhance the TTS
> module. But I really like your idea.

I don't think you will like my idea, but I will throw it out here anyway
- make TTS more like RT http://bestpractical.com/rt/

I looked at using RT to keep track of client
complaints/problems/whinges, in the end it was too much hassle to mod
TTS to suit my needs.

Main things I like about RT not available in TTS:

* email interface - new tickets via email, replies via email
* powerful (yet ugly) UI - look at the Jumbo view
* reporter history so you can see instantly if the complain about minor
things all the time or not.

Might be worth checking out if you are looking for something to compare
TTS to.

<snip />