RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] TTS in head

From: Dave Hall
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] TTS in head
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:00:09 +1100

Hi Lars,

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 11:12 +0100, Lars Piepho wrote:

> > I don't think you will like my idea, but I will throw it out
> > here anyway
> > - make TTS more like RT http://bestpractical.com/rt/
> >
> > I looked at using RT to keep track of client
> > complaints/problems/whinges, in the end it was too much hassle to mod
> > TTS to suit my needs.
> >
> > Main things I like about RT not available in TTS:
> >
> > * email interface - new tickets via email, replies via email
> > * powerful (yet ugly) UI - look at the Jumbo view
> > * reporter history so you can see instantly if the complain
> > about minor
> > things all the time or not.
> >

> Hi Dave!
>
> As far as I know these features are available in tts right now.

Maybe they got added in the last 3 weeks ;)  Have a look at RT and you
will see what I mean.

> Sure, tts
> needs a complete recode, but i don't think you should kick it.

I never said it should be dropped from phpGW, but it is not part of my
standard install - cos it doesn't do what what a RT/TTS should be
imho.

As RT is written in perl it won't be going into phpgw, but if I ever get
some time, I might do some integrating to make my life easier.

Dave Hall (aka skwashd)
API Coordinator
phpGroupWare
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd
be a Microsoft?  Of course not.
Underwear Goes Inside The Pants by Lazy Boy