SV: [phpGroupWare-developers] Coordination Team

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: SV: [phpGroupWare-developers] Coordination Team
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:30:01 +0100 (MET)

Well - how about licensing GPLv2 vs. GPLv3. (or what about AGPL?)

> Most of the decision making by the coordination team isn't done through
> formal voting, it is done via informal discussions and consensus.
>
> At the end of the day the community decides the direction of the
> project, not the coordination team.  If you are unhappy about something,
> please feel free to discuss it here.

I'm happy with discussions and consensus - but I think these discussions should
be posted to the dev-list where everyone has a chance to participate and to
improve traceability.

Also - if there is matter where consensus is difficult to obtain - we could
have some sort of voting mechanism.

Important decisions and policies could be listed somewhere obvious  - and not
buried in a mail history

It is very important to keep up the motivation - and the ability to participate
plays a big role.

Regards

Sigurd