Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Developers Guide - was: Coordination Team

From: Dave Hall
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] Developers Guide - was: Coordination Team
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:40:32 +1100

On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 03:27 -0700, Sigurd Nes wrote:

> Maat wrote on Tue, 04 March 2008 23:17
> > Dave Hall a écrit :
> > > It would require us having a developer guide :)
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Dave
> > >
> > i can write one in french
> >
> > (for english version dunno if i can write something decent)
> >
> > if i start writing one i'll need the help of skilled phpgw devs to
> > explain me things about structure and api and "good ways" of doing
> > things (or using api)
> >
> > (time to go to bed here... night)
>

> That would be great !
> I think a good start would be the documents in phpgwapi/doc/:
>  * coding_standard.txt
>  * index.html (or .txt or .lyx)

converting it to ODT would be a good start

> We once had a Wiki - is it possible to bring it back to life - or dig
> out some information from it ?

I may have the previous wiki kicking around here somewhere on a HDD, but
I am not sure which one.  I can tell you now that most of the page were
filled with spam and the content lost.  It will take me some time to dig
up the drive as I have 20+ unused drives here, that is if it hasn't
already gone into another box.

> And there is a question on format...

As has been the project policy for several years now, all documentation
is to be prepared in ODT as it is the most flexible format for
generating other formats of the documents.