Re: [Pingus-Devel] Clanlib 0.8 has been released

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: [Pingus-Devel] Clanlib 0.8 has been released
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:19:13 +0200

Am Samstag 19 August 2006 23:04 schrieb Aggro:
> --- David Philippi <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Will you apply the patches posted recently? IIRC
> > you've got commit rights
>
> If I have commit rights, no-one has told me about them
> yet.

OK, my fault. I thought about
Jason Green <address@hidden> who was working  on Pingus not that long ago.

(http://www.cmhousing.net/pingus/wiki/)

> Of course if we don't have enough manpower (I assume
> you are the only one?) to make sure that patches work,
> we could just accept almost everything and then wait
> for new pathes to fix possible problems with previous
> patches. AFAIK there hasn't been that many patches
> rejected in here, so propably that wouldn't change
> much.

Testing patches can be done by anyone who's able to use the SVN version. I
don't know how many people out there have commit rights and I can't assign
them to new people as I've got no maintainer rights. I've got commit rights
though so I should be able to submit the patches which looked correct to me
when I read them. So I'll just go on about adding them to the project once
I've got a working checkout again.

> to check for obvious errors. Without active people
> with understanding of the project, I see no
> alternatives, if we don't want to abandon the whole
> project.

Yes, that's what I'm doing. Grumble shouldn't be dead AFAIK just not active on
Pingus anymore. If need be he should be reachable.

Bye David