Re: [Protux-devel] status of automake

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] status of automake
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:33:28 -0300

> How about mustache?

Not-started-project yet...

> Or would the cvs-module name be: mustuxlib (like it is now)
> Name of the library: libmustux (libtool style)
> And the include file: mustux.h

Agree.

> Then include clausule would be '#include <mustux.h>' and LDFLAGS add-on
> '-lmustux'.
>
> Current MustuxLib.hh is just including other files and that is not very
> handy for the public library interface file; maybe we shoud create new
> mustux.h with necessary externs.

Also another point that I didnt took enough care. Actually, There should be
some constants and macros in this mustux inteface header

> I could next start to change the mustuxlib to use automake. After we can
> type 'make install' in mustuxlib we can easily start to use automake in
> protux.

My only concern is about the daily development. It is quite normal to change
some little things in
the mustuxlib almost every day, so I am afraid to ask the developer to
recompile/reinstall the whole
mustuxlib everytime this happens. maybe we should wait a little until mustuxlib
is more "frozen".
Anyway, this is not such a BIG cost, and if you think we should do it now, go
ahead.

> btw. Have you allready desided where the content of the resources
> directory will be installed in "final" protux distribution?

one possibility is to put protux executable under /usr/local/bin and
all resources (including images, help stuff) under /usr/local/share/protux