Re: [Protux-devel] Pan Controller + where are you people ?

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Pan Controller + where are you people ?
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:54:40 -0300

> When I try to add a filter controler nothing happen ... if I add a second
> one, the first one appear, but no curve .... (I tried with cvs and src
> versions)

very strange.. mind to provide a screenshot ? Also, run protux --d1 and send me
the output

> Please tell more about TTD...
> (but I still have no linux compatible multi track audio card, just an old 4
> channel ISA card called arc44 from sek'd :-(

The basic idea for TTD is to create a bus mapping so each track uses
a specific device output that you assign to it. Also, each track uses
a specific device input too. Then a master bus is assigned for mixing output.

for example. Supose I have a 4x4 sound card and a simple sound blaster. So I
have
card#0 , devices 0,0 0,1 0,2 0,3 and card #1, devices 1,0 1,1 (left and right
channels).
I can assign the 1st Track of my project to 0,0 , the second track to 1,0 and
the 3rd track
for 0,2, and so on. I also can create a master bus on 1,1, for example, that
mixes tracks 2 and 3
, and so on... this is what Track To Device (TTD) mapping is all about

This is a initial idea... need discussion

BTW, I bought a sound blaster live so I can continue some work on ALSA stuff.
My card is beign found on MDK9.0
but no sound at all. Anybody has some simple tutorial on how to make SBlive
work on linux ?

Regards