Re: [Protux-devel] Re: libmustux 0.17.0 compile error

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Re: libmustux 0.17.0 compile error
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:53:29 +0100

Luciano Giordana wrote:

It seems you dont have ALSA on your system. Without ALSA you cannot compile protux..

anyway, ./configure should be warning you about this requirement.. I will let our team know about this

current  version tests for libalsa, and displays
   checking for main in -lasound... no
when it fails, but will still try to compile.

First, there should be a 'big' warning if ./configure doesn't find alsa
Second, as far as i understood alsa is necessary now, so ./configure should even abort if it doesn't find alsa.

It's not a problem to fix/improve that. This can be done during the rewrite of the autostuff, but i can't continue to work on it if i don't get any feedback about the ./configure script in mustache (see previous mail). I need to now if it worked or not, and when not, what's the configuration.

/Martin