pspp-dev

Re: I Need a Chapter Number for The GUI Help Chapter

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: I Need a Chapter Number for The GUI Help Chapter
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:45:50 -0700

Selma Leathem <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm at that stage where I'm fine tuning the texinfo file, and would like to
> ask what chapter number it would be.

It is a surprising question to ask about the chapter number.
Usually, in Texinfo, it is not necessary to worry about the
particular numbering.  You just put your chapters in the order
that you want them to appear in, and the Texinfo processor will
number them for you.

But maybe you are really asking where this chapter should go in
the manual.  One natural place would be near the existing "Using
PSPP" tutorial chapter, either just before it or just after it,
depending on how the details look.

I haven't read the chapter yet.

John and Selma, what do you think?