qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Code Copy / New Linux boot code

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Code Copy / New Linux boot code
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:40:06 +0100

Grzegorz Kulewski wrote:
Great!

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

1) I finally added a hand coded x86 to x86 translator. It means that qemu-fast has now close to native performances on x86. Who spoke about PC virtualization ? :-)

What about qemu"-normal"? Will support for x86 -> x86 be added soon? Ever? Can it be added?

It can be made faster with a better code generator, but not that much. For best performances, I prefer to concentrate on allowing qemu-fast to run any OS.

What about WinXP? Is installer working now? It still stops when formatting
discs?

The installer works OK until the first reboot into graphical mode. Then there is a security error.

What about Win98? (stability)

It is more stable in CVS, but there are still problems.

Can I use VESA modes in them? How to set that?

You need a specific Windows driver (see the Bochs documentation). QEMU will have a better solution some day.

What about CD drive changing? I need that feature to install Win98 SE :)

I will add it soon.

Fabrice.