qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Temporary page for the FreeOsZoo project

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Temporary page for the FreeOsZoo project
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 23:17:34 +0200

Dear Stefano and friends,

Just a quick note that I designed a very temporary web page
for the FreeOsZoo project:

http://www.poure.com/qemu

(The site is hosted on a dedicated computer in Paris on a 100Mbs fast link. I
hope that the link is fast enough for serving images, but I am not very sure,
as it is my first contract with this Internet provider. Also, when the
project gets mature, there may be a huge demand for Qemu images, typically
thousands of downloads.

Therefore, I think that Bittorent may be a solution in the future.)

Also, the new SuSE 9.1 image is curently uploading.

The SuSE image really rocks as it provides by defaut configuration screens
running on startup. Then the installer connects to mirrors and is able to
install all additionnal software from FTP or HTTP link.

The SuSE 9.1 gives the Qemu user the look-and-feel of a real installer. I am a
Debian fan, but I think SuSE suits rather well the needs of first-time users.

Any comments welcome.

Hackers from Qemu, keep on the good work!

Kindest regards,
Jean-Michel