qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Win98: how to exchange data with Linux

From: Joe Menola
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Win98: how to exchange data with Linux
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:12:09 -0500

On Mon July 12 2004 4:56 pm, Mario Cazorzi wrote:
> I have just installed Windows98 on my Linux machine (Suse 9.1 64bit, sata
> HD). Qemu works really very, very good.
> The only thing I missed is the possibility to exchange data between the two
> OS. (I mean cut and paste).
> Probably at the moment the only possibility is to make a fat32 partition so
> I can see it from Linux and from Windows too.
> Is that the only solution (if I can spare so a partition I will be very
> happy).
Actually you can't mount a partition in Qemu that's not buried inside
your .img file. At least no way I found yet.
You can use lomount to mount your .img partitions in Linux, this requires root
access tho.
http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu/utilities/QEMU-HD-Mounter/

Btw, thanks dad for the very useful site. :)

-jm