qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu speed w/ USB tablet emulation

From: Joseph Miller
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu speed w/ USB tablet emulation
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:00:21 -0500

Lonnie Mendez wrote:
On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 23:37 -0500, address@hidden wrote:
Yeah, I said "I think" because I wanted to use a decent benchmark to
actually test the results.  I threw in a test against VMPlayer as well.  I
found that with USB tablet emulation, Qemu was approximately only half as
fast as it could operate without it.  I did NOT perform these tests
without KQEMU for two reasons 1) the *concept* that USB tablet emulation
slows down Qemu can be shown either way and 2) I can't stand waiting
around for hours and hours while Qemu translates code, sorry.  At this
particular time, I'm really only interested in this particular case
because I use it for production use and many non-developer users are
wanting to do the same thing.  The only major difference that I found
between Qemu+KQEMU and VMPlayer was that VMPlayer is about 4x faster when
it comes to memory access.  You can view my results at:

http://www.calcmaster.net/qemu/benchmarks-20061216/

Two things:

1.  http://www.vmware.com/download/eula/player.html
    (Restrictions - Section 3.3 - "You may use the Software to ...")

2.  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-07/msg00360.html