qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] State of sparc64-softmmu

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] State of sparc64-softmmu
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 17:17:30 -0500

Paul Brook wrote:
But this leads me to wonder, is this just an oversite or is there
something wrong with sparc64-softmmu that we don't recommend building it
by default?

My understanding it that there are still several large chunks remaining to be implemented, and it can not boot any real guest operating systems.

If it's not building by default, it's going to bitrot (it already has).

So I'd suggest either making it build by default or removing it from the tree and moving it into a separate tree.

--
Regards,

Anthony Liguori