qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 2/8] i.MX: Implement a more complete version of t

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 2/8] i.MX: Implement a more complete version of the GPT timer.
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 23:15:05 +0100

On 26 June 2013 22:57, Jean-Christophe DUBOIS <address@hidden> wrote:
> Names don't feel really useful in the second case as they are
> indistinguishable. Is the consensus around "generic" names (like MMIO or
> "Ctrl regs") without adding reference to the device a good one for all
> platforms?

Just leave the memory region and vmstate names as they
were before your patches.

(Personally I think it's entirely fine to include the device
name in the memory region name. These strings are for debugging,
so if I print region->name in my debugger it's much more helpful
if it says "imx-serial" than if it just says "regs".)

-- PMM