qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] kvm binary is deprecated

From: Alexander Binun
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] kvm binary is deprecated
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:45:52 +0300 (IDT)

Hello Stefan,
   The qemu used by me is the one installed using apt-get install qemu. The
executable is in /usr/bin. The KVM driver is the one supplied with Ubuntu 13.04.

The version of qemu is 1.4.0 (after running qemu --version I get the message

  --- QEMU emulator version 1.4.0 (Debian 1.4.0+dfsg-1expubuntu4), Copyright
(c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

You mean I should use the build-from-sources qemu (getting the sources from
git://git.qemu-project.org/qemu.git) ? Should I then compile from sources and
mount the KVM ?

Regards,
   Alex