qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Timer interrupts for -M raspi2

From: Andrew Baumann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Timer interrupts for -M raspi2
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 23:14:10 +0000

Hi Antonio,

I don't think you're doing anything wrong; we just don't model this timer
hardware yet (neither Linux nor Windows needs it). If you want to take a stab
at adding it, the relevant hardware emulation is hw/intc/bcm2836_control.c.

If you're willing to use different timer sources, then I suggest looking at the
ARM per-core timers. I also have Gregory's emulation code for the other bcm2835
timers in my private github, and I hope to submit to upstream qemu after the
current freeze, since it is needed for pi1 Linux support.

Cheers,
Andrew