[Quilt-dev] Permanent target in Makefile

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Permanent target in Makefile
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 20:33:20 +0200

Hi all,

After the recent changes to the build system, we now have a rule which
is run whether the build is already complete or not:

compat-programs : $(COMPAT_PROGRAMS:%=compat/%)
        chmod +x $+

This is causing noise on each build, and causing doc/quilt.1 to be
regenerated if any compatibility program is used, wasting time. The
rule triggers on "make install" too, causing targets to be potentially
built by root, which we probably don't want to happen. How can we fix
this? Can't we simply run that chmod at the moment we build each binary?

Thanks,