Re: [Quilt-dev] Permanent target in Makefile

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Permanent target in Makefile
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:09:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi John,

> > This looks good, but I would like to get rid of the
> > install-compat-symlink rules.
> >
> > Could you drop hunks @@ -40,14 +40,6 @@ and @@ -308,7 +305,15 @@ ? and
> > I will email a patch based on top of this shortly.

This additional patch triggers the following error message twice during
build:

/users/jdelvare/local/share/quilt/compat: No such file or directory

/users/jdelvare/local is what I set --prefix to. The messages shows once
before any target is built, and another time between doc/README and
doc/quilt.1. If this makes a difference, I have never been able to fully
build and install quilt on this system yet (although we're slowly
getting there) so this is a first install.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks,