Re: [Quilt-dev] Why does quilt create files with 000 perms?

From: Raphael Hertzog
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Why does quilt create files with 000 perms?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:15:58 +0100

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009, Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> On Sunday 22 November 2009 15:47:58 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > BTW, we have lots of patches in the Debian package, but the current
> > maintainers (me included) are quite busy and most of them have not yet
> > been properly forwarded.
>
> I didn't see some of those fixes ever before.  You Debian guys must really
> like maintaining stuff yourself, else you would have pushed most of that
> upstream right away.

Well, I only recently decided to help the Debian quilt maintainer (Martin
Quinson) which definitely was involved upstream somewhat but indeed he
did not manage to do a very good job of forwarding patches... sorry for
that. Feel free to ask questions if you have some.

BTW, if you want to follow more closely what's happening on the Debian
side, you have the possibility to subscribe to the package tracking
system:
http://package.qa.debian.org/quilt
The subscription box is in the lower left corner. You can subscribe in
particular to:
- bug report discussions
- announce of new uploads

Also of interest, the current list of bug reports:
http://bugs.debian.org/quilt

Cheers,
--
Raphaƫl Hertzog